Tung Lam Vu: Passionate technologist, continuous learner and knowledge sharer, who appreciates challenges and rapid technological changes. Deep und... Read More
Engineering Manager at PropertyGuru
- Drive the company's Agile transition - Bring in Scrum process and Agile practices - Bring in DevOps practices - Facilitate & manage 8 cross-functional Scrum teams that develop & maintain the company's award winning sites and mobile applications: www.propertyguru.com.sg www.commercialguru.com.sg www.loanguru.com.sg www.propertyguru.com.my www.rumah.com www.ddproperty.com
Systems Architect at GRC-Systems
November 2009-May 2012
- Envision the company’s technology direction, which cornerstones around the Rich Internet Application (RIA) technologies, service orientation architecture, and cloud computing - Champion cloud computing from R&D to Proof-Of-Concept to implementation; advise the board on the enabled business models, cost vs. benefit, operational & technical implication of multi-tenancy software as a service (SaaS) - Architect GRC-Suite, the common platform for financial compliance; and GRC-Cloud, the award-winning cloud offering counterpart - Transform the existing software development methodology, from a traditional Waterfall Model to a modern Agile Process with Scrum, that consistently delivers value to business - Recruit and run cross-functional Scrum teams sized 5-7, that consists of developers & QAs
Technical Director at CATSoft
September 2009-August 2011
- Responsible for sales activities in Singapore, convert leads into sales via on-site collaboration, support and consultation with clients - Establish and maintain long term partnership with outsourcing clients based in Singapore - Establish Agile Software Development Process using Scrum catered for outsourcing model, including staff training and continuous process improvement - Provide technical guidance to the engineering team as well as technical consultancy to clients
Software Specialist at ST Electronics
January 2007-October 2009
- Implement 60-70% of the next generation of Common Application Platform (xCAP) – a reusable distributed architecture on which Command and Control (C2) defense systems can be rapidly built – based mainly on Microsoft Technologies. - Evaluate latest GIS technologies such as ESRI, TatukGIS, Manifold, GeoFusion, ILOG JViews and build GIS capability for xCAP. - Revamp xCAP’s core GIS sub-system, which is based on ESRI ArcGIS; deliver massive >5000 times performance boost by utilizing both CPU and GPU for processing-intensive tasks and rendering-intensive tasks respectively. - Plan and manage integration activities of xCAP Platform and related applications.
Research Assistant at National University of Singapore
May 2005-December 2006
- Lead a team of 2-4 members to build an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for a meta-programming language called XVCL (x-Frame Variant Configuration Language) - Re-architect the core XVCL processor that produces >300 times better performance, in addition to building an extensible architecture, on top of which plug-ins are implemented. - Facilitate research initiatives and collaborate with the XVCL user community. - Initiate and supervise three software projects which extend core functionalities of the XVCL processor: + Frame Analyzer: an extensible framework for analyzing meta-programs. + Frame Debugger: a standard featured debugger for XVCL. + Meta-Framework Modeling Tool: a graphical tool to support development, enhance understanding and facilitate quick prototyping of meta-frameworks.
Vu Tung Lam
systems architect, cloud computing & big data enthusiast, and strong Agile believer.
I liked a @YouTube video from @muffinsongs http://t.co/c4m2dbdMu1 Muffin Songs - Do Re Mi - Music Man (Medley) | nursery rhymes & - 11 days ago
Pair Customer Development with Agile Development - 13 days ago
Why Yammer believes the traditional engineering organizational structure is dead http://t.co/ZjXSLrZ6Fs - 18 days ago
This is silly... http://t.co/zfZI7pg1EI - 2 months ago